Sterile Gloving and Sterile Gowning
Introduction of the course
This course on Sterile Gloving and Gowning will enable the learners to understand the importance of gloving and gowning in carrying out various medical and surgical procedures.
The objective of this course is to:
- Understand the concepts related to gloving and gowning
- Understand the principles of gloving and gowning
- Demonstrate the procedure of donning and removing gloves and gown
- Understand different types of gloving and gowning
Instructor: Ms. Gurneet Kaur Khera, Senior Manager – Nursing Education, Bodhi Health Education
Facility: Park Hospital, Gurgaon
Details of the Course
Introduction of the courseSterile gloving and gowning is the key step to prevent contamination to the surgical wound and help control infection via aseptic principles.
The module deals with the following topics:
- Principles of gloving and gowning
- Demonstration on gloving by open, closed technique and with the help of scrubbed person
- Demonstration on donning a surgical gown using three different techniques
- Demonstrate the procedure of removing gown and gloves
Sterile gloving: Performing a surgical hand scrub, applying sterile gloves, and preparing a sterile field are ways to prevent and minimize infection during surgeries or invasive procedures.
This part of the video on sterile gloving and gowning deals with the skill for donning sterile gloves using open, closed technique and with the help of scrubbed person.
Sterile gowning: The process of scrubbing, gowning and gloving is one that all members of the surgical team must complete before each operation.
This part of the video on sterile gloving and gowning deals with the procedure of wearing a surgical gown using three different techniques.