Introduction of the course
This module on Orthodontics is a comprehensive course for the undergraduate BDS students to learn the basic theoretical & clinical aspects of the specialty. In level 1, the introduction to orthodontic treatment, etiology and classification, instruments & appliances, preventive & interceptive orthodontic treatment options have been covered.
The objective of this course is to:
- Understand Orthodontic specialty
- Plan the treatment for orthodontic patients
- Aid in Diagnosis & Treatment planning
- Classifying Malocclusion
- Identify the orthodontic Instruments & appliances
- Prevent & Intercept malocclusion
- Identify abnormal oral habits in growing children & correcting them
Instructor: Dr. Ravneet kaur, MDS, Orthodontics.
Dr. Ritika, BDS