Introduction dt.mp4Dialysis is a procedure wherein wastes and extra fluid is removed from the blood using a dialysis machine. This is required when the kidneys fail to function effectively. The dialysis procedure is carried out by the dialysis technicians under the supervision of the doctor. It is very important for the dialysis technicians to have a thorough knowledge of the process involved and the working of the dialysis machine. In this course you will learn in detail about the parts of a dialysis machine, how to keep ready the patient and machine for dialysis and their aftercare. You will also learn about prevention of infection and some alternate renal replacement therapies. This whole course has been explained with the help of short demonstrative videos and presentationsmax:1526712317 1:1526714373 2:1526714373 d1:-2056 d2:-2056flag:0
Pre Assessment Quiz
Objective type multiple choice questions
- To provide an overview of the topics which will be covered in this course.
This module gives a brief introduction on dialysis and enlists the outline of the course.
- To understand the different parts of the dialysis machine.
- To learn the basic operation of the dialysis machine.
Overview of dialysis machine
This module deals with the general overview of the dialysis machine.
- To differentiate the different parts of blood line.
- To learn about priming process of dialysis machine.
Priming dialysis machine
This module deals with the procedure of priming the dialysis machine.
- To understand the pre dialysis assessment and preparation of client before dialysis.
- To learn about the identification the client.
Pre dialysis assessment and preparation of client
This module talks about the pre dialysis assessment and preparation of client before dialysis and identification of client.
- To understand the recirculation process of dialysis machine.
- To restate the residual chemical test after priming.
This module talks about how to put the dialysis machine into recirculation process after priming.
- To understand when the arteriovenous fistula is matured for cannulation.
- To describe the assessment of arteriovenous fistula.
Arteriovenous fistula assessment
The key purpose of this module is to understand the assessment of arteriovenous fistula.
- To list the articles required for cannulation.
- To illustrate the cannulation procedure.
Once assessment of arteriovenous fistula is done and it is mature then it is ready to cannulate. This module deals with the cannulation procedure.
- To learn how to connect the dialysis machine to the client for dialysis treatment.
Connecting the client to dialysis machine (Patient on)
This module deals with connecting the client to dialysis machine for dialysis.
- To learn how to disconnect the dialysis machine from client after dialysis treatment.
Disconnecting the dialysis machine from client (Patient off)
Once the dialysis treatment is complete then the client needs to be disconnected from the dialysis machine. This module deals with disconnecting the dialysis machine from the client after dialysis.
- To explain the decannulation procedure.
This module deals with the steps of decannulation procedure.
- To identify the steps of catheter care
The main purpose of this module is to recall the steps of the catheter care.
- To restate the process of dialyzer reprocessing and storage.
- To recall the dialyzer inspection procedure.
Dialyzer reprocessing and storage
Dialyzer can be new or reused. The used dialyzer require reprocessing for further usage. This module explains the process of dialyzer reprocessing and storage.
- To state the procedures used for detection of infection in RO water.
- To learn how to check the pH, Total Dissolved Salts , and culture/microbiological test of RO water.
Infection control of RO water
Dialysis clients are exposed to 120-150 liters of dialysate during each treatment. This makes the process of infection control of RO water an important procedure. The sole purpose of this module is to understand the different procedures performed for the infection control of RO water.
- To recall how infection happen.
- To understand health care professionals role in infection control of dialysis unit.
- To learn about surveillance.
Infection control of dialysis unit
Once we have learnt about infection control of RO water it is now time to learn about infection control of dialysis unit.
- To state the alternate renal replacement therapies like peritoneal dialysis, intermittent hemodialysis and continuous renal replacement therapies.
- To learn the steps of Alternate Renal Replacement Therapy, Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy, hemoperfusion and plasma perfusion.
Renal replacement therapies
This module deals with the steps of alternate renal replacement therapies like peritoneal dialysis, intermittent dialysis and continuous renal replacement therapy. This session also involves the steps of plasma perfusion and hemoperfusion.
Storage of medication
This module explains the process of storage of medication.Storage of medication - 2:56
Post Assessment Quiz